post zu favoritenFrame drums - intensive course (Boxhagener Str. 61)dieses posting verbergen
QR Code Link to This Post
INTENSIVE COURSE IN FRAME DRUMS for the beginners.
20 of May – 24th of June
7 classes / 2 hours per class / 14 hours in total
Investment: €230 (early bird till 13.05) / €260 after 13.05
This introductory course is an opportunity to learn the solid basics for playing a hand frame drum. It’s open to participants of any level, starting from the complete beginners. Together we will explore the sounds of this ancient instrument, build up an ability to play, learn different traditional grooves and develop our rhythmic creativity. We are going to study the technique of frame-drumming according to the approach of the innovative percussionist and composer Zohar Fresco.
Special focus will be dedicated to our primary instrument: the body – it’s posture, responsiveness, the role of breath in the musical creation and how it helps to increase one’s sense of rhythm. To cultivate a more intuitive feel, we will make use of different body practices. All about letting it flow!
THE COURSE COVERS:
– warm-up exercises to increase the sensitivity in hands and responsiveness in the body
– step-by-step learning of the ‘lap style’ technique
– basics of rhythmic vocalization system based on Konnakol and rhythmic compositions to stretch musical grammar
– Bodies in Pulse/Pulse in Bodies – a body-voice method to deepen the sense of rhythm and pulse, build up an ability to improvise and practice mindfulness in movement
– basics of group improvisation
– exploration of different rhythmic traditions on the frame drum
– learning how to create your own compositions
– history of frame drums; getting to know different kinds of traditional frame drums of Middle East, Southern Europe and North Africa