Dedicated Guitar Teacher, All Ages & Playing Levels Welcome! (Online)
QR Code Link to This Post
Online and in-studio teaching experience: 20 years
Accreditation: Bachelor of Music in Music Education Degree
Website - www.sweissguitar.ca
Mobile - www.sweissguitar.ca/mobile.html
Other experience: 7 years university faculty guitar instructor, private and public school guitar programs teacher, music festival adjudication, solo concerts, soloist in concerto performances, accompanist for instrumentalists and vocalists, and various live band performances.
A passionate guitar teacher is offering online instruction to the musically inspired of all ages and levels (I assume that the reason you are reading this is because you are inspired to learn to play, and/or learn to expand your technique).
- Skype, Zoom, and other video call platforms - more information is at the site address above.
- HD wide angle lens camera, great viewing angle for demonstrating, stereo microphones, direct input audio interface (for electric guitar), excellent video and audio quality.
- Learn to play the guitar with confidence and a great sense of rhythm (ACOUSTIC, FOLK, ROCK, BLUES, and various other genres!).
- Learn strumming/picking patterns and licks/riffs used by well-known players and singer-songwriters.
- From recordings, learn ear playing skills to meticulously analyze and then recognize chord shapes, scales used, string bends, rhythm grooves, effects pedals, and various common techniques.
- Memorize complete forms of songs, studying the guitar parts within, from recordings and sheet music.
- Lessons on FINGERSTYLE, LEAD, RHYTHM and IMPROVISATION techniques in a variety of genres.
- Learn to read guitar music from manuscript, tablature and chord charts with well-planned guidance and direction.
- Learn the necessities concerning instrument care, string changing and maintenance.
- Tabs of numerous rhythm and lead lines available (I've created more than 500 for my students).
- Recording studio available for jam tracks, multi-track layering, mixing).
- Beginners to advanced students, all ages welcome!
- Quality instruction, offered with a total dedication to the needs of the student.
- Utilize numerous supplementary guitar exercises and studies.
- Learn to apply warm-up and technique ideas to the needs of your playing style.
- Learn to play with a great tone - plucking hand approach covered in great detail!
- Royal Conservatory of Music examination preparation, all grades (optional).
- Form and analysis of studied works.
- Music theory and history.
Along with regular practice, progress depends on a healthy mixture of gradual and steep technical and musical challenges, be them in a beginner study/exercise, a folk song, a burning solo or a Baroque Period piece. Learn to break things down to minimum detail, for the purpose of improving ideas such as basic single-note finger placement, left and right hand coordination, legato, beginner/advanced chord changes, specific areas of a song, rhythm, coordination and various other concepts which we all need to constantly work at in order for them to have happen more naturally. I enjoy zeroing in on what really needs to be worked on the most - very particular to each individual, which with practice and focus, helps students experience constant progress in many areas of their playing.
If you would like more information about my teaching philosophy/style, a furthering of any of the points above, or to schedule a meeting/first lesson, feel free to contact by email. I will gladly discuss my approach and more importantly hear about your musical goals (favorite genres, playing styles, etc.). My passion is to guide, motivate, inspire and share with students through my knowledge of and excitement for guitar music.
KEINEN Kontakt zur Übermittlung von Diensten oder Angeboten